Monday, March 4, 2013

Today

TODAY

Jara dhammomhi, Jaram Anatito,
I am of the nature to grow old, I have not gone beyond decay
Vyadhi Dhammomhi, Vyadhi Anatito
I am of the nature to be diseased, I have not gone beyond disease
Marana Dhammomhi, Marana Anatito,
I am of the nature to die, I have not gone beyond death
Sabbehi Me Piyehi Manapehi, Nana bhavo Vina bhavo
All that is mine and dear, Will change will Vanish…

Today…. I am a day closer to my death bed.
A day closer to my heart stopping and my skin tightening and turning grey,
Today…. I am a day closer to rotting meat and blisters forming on my exterior,
From bloating, from maggots, and worms eating at my flesh,
Magnificently decomposting  this body six feet under,
Until nothing is left, but bones, hair, nails, teeth and hopefully.... a legacy of goodness

This beautiful and wonderful youth and freshness will be gone..
This gentle voice, this quick mind… will no longer exist…
All those Ipads, Iphones, Macs and Tabs, futuristic cars and Premier Homes
Will no longer matter…
And my stupid boss, well… only god knows where he will be

Today…. By the clearing of 89,000 acres of land,
Or nearly 30 million trees … mutilated, maimed, mangled and marred
I will be choked by the air made by man for my good…
And proudly contributing to the falling number of bees,
From all the wonderful crops, modified and made for just for me..
Today… I will be consuming unwholesome foods,
Sold freely on shelves, high sugared and fortified to ensure I get all the nutrients I need
So I can reach a ripe old age…
Where medical costs will rise, and I’d finish paying for my home when I’m 65.

Today I will learn that black gold is valued more than life,
And that wars should be started to protect ones right..
That it doesn’t matter who suffers or get kills,
That in another place another time some unfortunate woman is  ravaged..
Its ok…. Because it’s not me…
Today I had three meals. Breakfast , lunch and dinner, sometimes i even get supper and tea..
While some other person took their last breath from hunger...
But it’s ok..... coz it wasn’t me....

Kamma sakomhi, Kamma Dayado
I am the owner of my Kamma, I am the heir of my own kamma
Kamma Yoni, Kamma Bandhu
I am born from my own kamma, I am related to my own kamma
Kamma Patisarano.
I abide supported by my own kamma
Yam Kammam Karissami,
Whatever Kamma I shall do
Kalyanam Va Papakam Va, Tassa, Dayado Bhavissami
Whether Good or evil, of that I shall be the heir….

No comments: