Saturday, September 17, 2011

Bleeding Hearts

I spoke to my friend at work today...
She had so much pent up inside her...
These past few years, and all the hardship she has gone through...
And as i watched and comforted her through her tears...
Allowing her to release, and heal...

I felt my heart bleed...
Drip drip drip....
i kept listening as i provided comfort....
eyes tearing as i shared her sorrow...
Words were random, some unexpressed...
And i allowed her to release her frustrations while my heart
dripped tears of blood...

As i sat there... and heard her pains....
I felt mine......

I pray my heart will not harden from the many challenges this world will give me..
I pray i will continue to trust no matter how many times i get hurt...
I pray I will be able to continue to love fully without fear...
I pray that love will never turn into indifference or hate... no matter what may happen...

No comments: